Re: Bulk mailings

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michelle Dick
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Bulk mailings
Philip wrote:

> I *do* hope you are not using Exim to send out unsolicited junk
> mail.

You can rest easy. It's a mailing list where all subscribers have
requested to be subscribed. Further, a goodly number of them send me
donations to help keep it running. It's integrated with my web site
(that's in dire need of updating): http://www.fatfree.com

I also have permission from my relay site to use them as an smtp
relay. All is legit.

> At the moment, no. RFC 821 encourages packing up multiple recipients
> into one SMTP transmission, but I can't find anywhere that it imposes
> any limit; indeed, in discussing RCPT it says "This second step of
> the procedure can be repeated any number of times."

Someone mentioned to me there was a standard saying that sites should be
able accept up to 100 multiple RCPT commands, but added that he knows
from experience that not all are able. This is second-hand info, so
don't know if it is true nor do I recall what standard he was refering
to.

> However, there probably ought to be some way of setting a limit. I have
> made a note of the requirement and will implement something.

That would be wonderful! Thanks!

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@???              East Palo Alto, CA