Re: several messages

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Philip Crewdson, Greg A. Woods, exim-users
Subject: Re: several messages
On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> } > I've received many requests for smail-3 to support mailbox size limits
> }
> } Interesting. I put such a thing on the Exim list some time ago, but
> } nobody has actually every asked me for it, so it hasn't got done.
>
> You then bounce incoming mail...?

After a while. It woulc be the same thing as if you are trying to
deliver to a quota-controlled directory. We do this all the time for our
thousands of students. Only way to keep them under control. :-) There
is a delivery failure, and Exim keeps trying (using retry rules, etc)
for a while and then if enough time passes it returns the message to the
sender. If you need to control the amount of mailbox each user has (and
you can't charge them real money for it) what else can you do?