Re: several messages

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Philip Crewdson, Nigel Metheringham, Greg A. Woods
CC: exim-users
Temas antigos: Re: Local delivery problems on FreeBSD
Temas novos: Mailbox Size Limits
Asunto: Re: several messages
On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Philip Crewdson wrote:

> Sounds good. Can exim be configured not to adopt the recipient's ID?

The "user" and "group" options in the appendfile transport allow you to
set uid and gid as you wish. At least, that's the idea. If there is
something missing, please let me know.

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> This ought to be possible, However the mailboxes need to be created
> initially - alhough Sys V does allow non root to chown to someone else, so
> I guess the initial "giving away" of the mailbox to the owning user could
> be done that way - which would need extra code in exim I guess.

Could it not be arranged that the mailboxes are created when the
accounts are created, and then if the users do not have write access to
the directory, their MUAs are unable to delete them?

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I've received many requests for smail-3 to support mailbox size limits

Interesting. I put such a thing on the Exim list some time ago, but
nobody has actually every asked me for it, so it hasn't got done.