著者: Greg A. Woods
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Philip Crewdson, exim-users
新しいトピック: Re: several messages
題目: Re: Local delivery problems on FreeBSD
[ On Sat, November 30, 1996 at 22:45:33 (+0000), Nigel Metheringham wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Local delivery problems on FreeBSD
>
> This ought to be possible, However the mailboxes need to be created
> initially - alhough Sys V does allow non root to chown to someone else, so
> I guess the initial "giving away" of the mailbox to the owning user could
> be done that way - which would need extra code in exim I guess.

Oops. Yes, I forgot about the need to have a non-root chown(2)....

Unfortunately no *BSD derivatives seem to have this ability even when
quotas are disabled for the target filesystem.

On fully implemented POSIX.1 systems, pathconf() can be used to
determine whether _POSIX_CHOWN_RESTRICTED is in effect for the file in
question, and presumably without quotas enabled chown() would be
permitted for non-root users.

I've received many requests for smail-3 to support mailbox size limits
and such a feature would allow the administrator to disable quotas in
the system spool file area. I don't know how many POSIX systems with
quotas would in fact have a variable _POSIX_CHOWN_RESTRICTED though.
SunOS-4, for example, doesn't.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734            VE3TCP            robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>