Exim 1.59

Author: Philip Hazel
To: denebeim, exim-users, R.M.Harwood, Richard Stallman, unix-support
Subject: Exim 1.59
ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-1.59.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-patch-1.58-1.59.gz

For information: Exim 1.59 is now the current release, but if you are
running 1.58 there is no need to upgrade unless you are particularly
picky. The new release is just to incorporate some minor tidies ready
for the GNU CD-ROM. The compressed patch file is just 2897 bytes long.
There are only two changes to the code, neither of them part of the
primary functions:

(1) The -Mg option was logging the message cancellation as being done by
a system filter file instead of by an operator.

(2) The -bP option was outputting junk for unset parameters that involved
load average values.

In addition, there have been some minor changes to the configuration
files and scripts to sort out some problems that arose on some operating
systems.

In the last couple of weeks while I've not been doing major work on
Exim, I have upgraded the eximstats script to extract more information
from the logs and to make it more flexible. I have not included this in
1.59 because I didn't want to do work on the documentation. In case
anyone is interested in taking a look, the new script is available in

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/eximstats.new.gz

By default it gives all the information it is capable of, but it now has
options for turning bits of it off. You can get the histogram at
intervals other than 60 minutes, and control the length of the "top n"
list. It now also produces statistics about the length of time messages
spend on the queue and about messages relayed through the host.

Right. Now to get stuck in to 1.60...