著者: Mark Murray
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Chris Thompson, exim-users
題目: Re: Local delivery problems on FreeBSD
Philip Hazel wrote:
> Indeed. But such a cracker/crasher has to have an account on your
> system. You should have control over such a person. There are plenty of
> ways such people can bring your system to its knees, e.g. write a
> "rabbit" program that spawns zillions of looping subprocesses that spawn
> zillions of looping subprocesses that...

:
:
> on one of our systems, the mail administrator would subsequently apply
> severe disciplinary procedures to the culprit and then release him or
> her to the baying crowd of 5,999 other users whose mail was blocked for
> the weekend.

Any user who does this with her own account deserves the wrath of
a thousand sysadmins. OTOH, it is a neat trick to play on someone
who has left their workstation unlocked while they nipped out for
5mins, er, 1/2 an hour or who has been a bit lax with the security
on an upriveliged account. IMHO, it is an avoidable situation.

Mark Murray                PGP key fingerprint = 80 36 6E 40 83 D6 8A 36
This .sig is umop ap!sdn.                        BC 06 EA 0E 7A F2 CE CE