Re: Large directories (was Re: Local delivery problems on Fr…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Henders
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Large directories (was Re: Local delivery problems on FreeBSD)
On Thu, 28 Nov 1996, John Henders wrote:

> like to be able to specify something like /vars/spool/mail/a/alex,
> /var/spool/mail/b/bob easily in the configuration file.

If you are prepared to do a file lookup, you can do this already by
specifying something like

file = "/vars/spool/mail/\
        ${lookup{$local_part}dbm{/etc/spoolsplit}{$value}{default}}/\
        $local_part"

in the appendfile transport, where the source of /etc/spoolsplit would
contain lines like

alex: a
bob: b

and if an entry wasn't found, it would use

/vars/spool/mail/default/$local_part

However, to do something like "take the first letter of the local part"
without a file lookup needs a new operator in the expansion mechanism.
That would be easy to do, I think. I have noted the idea.