Local delivery problems patched up

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Crewdson
A: exim-users
Cc: Chris Thompson
Asunto: Local delivery problems patched up
Hi all

Just to say that in spite of my second message moaning about still getting
Retry messages, the problem was "fixed". As Philip Hazel pointed out, I was
trying to mail to addresses which were already waiting to be retried, hence
the messages.

Thanks to everyone who came back on this. Just to clarify, the problem was
that exim wouldn't write to local mailboxes. As Chris Thompson pointed out,
the local users didn't have write permission on the directory containing
their mail files, which on my FreeBSD system is owned by bin (group bin)
and was owner-writable only. Making the directory world-writable sorted it
out, but there is obviously some disagreement on whether it's a good idea...

One question in my mind: how come Sendmail doesn't have this problem?

Philip

Philip Crewdson

philip@???

a member of the state51 conspiracy