著者: Mark Murray
To: Philip Crewdson
CC: Chris Thompson, exim-users
題目: Re: Local delivery problems on FreeBSD
Philip Crewdson wrote:
> >so it can't create a <file>.lock file. You might be able to circumvent this
> >by specifying use_lockfile=no on the transport definition, but read the spec
> >*very* carefully first.
>
> OK. I've made the mail directory world-writable, which is probably some
> terrible security risk, but it has helped. Now I don't get permission
> denied, but I still get the Retry message as below...

Are you using the exim port in the ports collection? That compiles and runs
right out of the bos - no patching necessary. All it has is some reasonable
config files to start you off.

(For the rest of you on this list, this refers to the FreeBSD ports collection)

To make /var/mail world writable opend you up to _nasty_ denial-of-service
attacks - even if the sticky bit is on.

Mark Murray                PGP key fingerprint = 80 36 6E 40 83 D6 8A 36
This .sig is umop ap!sdn.                        BC 06 EA 0E 7A F2 CE CE