著者: Philip Crewdson
To: Chris Thompson
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Local delivery problems on FreeBSD
Chris,

Thanks for the help. Can you spare any more??

>> I'm running exim 1.58 on FreeBSD (2.1.5 release), and it's working fine,
>> except it won't deliver to users on the machine it's running on....
>
>Assuming you are using a director with driver=localuser, the delivery process
>runs as the user addressed. Probably the directory *containing* the file
>addressed by the appendfile transport is not writable by this (or most) users,
>so it can't create a <file>.lock file. You might be able to circumvent this
>by specifying use_lockfile=no on the transport definition, but read the spec
>*very* carefully first.

OK. I've made the mail directory world-writable, which is probably some
terrible security risk, but it has helped. Now I don't get permission
denied, but I still get the Retry message as below...

>> and this for root-to-local-user:
>>
>> 1996-11-27 20:00:08 0vSq9Q-0007mZ-00 <= root@??? U=root
>>P=local S=460
>> 1996-11-27 20:00:08 0vSq9Q-0007mZ-00 == paul@???
>> T=local_delivery defer (-1): Retry time not yet reached
>
>This means what it says. It's nothing to do with the fact that the message
>was from "root". *Nothing* about delivery depends on the sender [well, unless
>you get perverse inside a pipe]. Any mail to paul@??? would
>remain queued until the retry interval for delivery to that user expires.

Fair enough, but the sender *was* the only difference between the two messages.
So can you tell me why local messages are not going straight through?
Mainlog shows no attempt at actually delivering the mail - the only message
is the one above, and as far as I can see it never does retry. I haven't
messed with any default settings for delivery times.

Philip

Philip Crewdson

philip@???

a member of the state51 conspiracy