Re: dialup configuration issue

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dom Mitchell
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: dialup configuration issue
>>> Nigel Metheringham said:
>
> ph10@??? said:
> } The point of the queue_smtp option is that it *does* do the routing,
> } down to finding out the IP address, but doesn't try to deliver. Thus
> } it will do any DNS lookups that are required by the routing. At the
> } moment I can't see any way out of this other than by supplying the IP
> } address by some means other than the DNS.
>
> How about yet another option which only deals with the obviously local
> addresses (ie anything that can be immediately seen to go through a
> director rather than a router). Anything that might need routing gets
> queued.

I was under the impression that was what queue_smtp did. Ah well,
hack time. How easy is it to make a "queue_nonlocal" option?

It's something worth sorting out, as it makes exim *very* atttractive
for dialup users, mind.

> Reasoning behind this is dial-on-demand ISDN and the like. With
> queue_smtp set you will not do the delivery immediately, but in general
> the line will be bought up for the DNS lookups.
>
> [the real dream option would be a route/deliver if system was network
> attached!]

As opposed to just running "exim -q" as part of a connection script?
It'd only work if you were running a daemon of course...

<fx: wanders off mumbling things>

-Dom