dialup configuration issue

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dom Mitchell
A: exim-users
Asunto: dialup configuration issue
Dear all,

I have recently been trying to configure exim (V0.57) for a demon
dialup host, and I got as far as setting the "queue_smtp" option (I
want all local mail to be delivered immediately), and using the
following router in place of the others in the example configure file:

# A smarthost router, which takes all our offsite mail.

smarthost:
transport = smtp,
driver = domainlist;
route_list = "* post.demon.co.uk bydns"

However, this doesn't quite work. Looking at the output from -d9,
what I see happening is that when exim comes across the smarthost
router it tries to do a DNS lookup for post.demon.co.uk. However,
this will fail because I'm not on-line by then. This creates an entry
in the retry file, which means that I can't send out the mail
automatically within the next 15 minutes, as exim still thinks the
host is unavailable.

What I am after is some way to get the queue_smtp option to be checked
before the router. What I tried was putting the IP address of
post.demon.co.uk into /etc/hosts, telling libresolv to use that first
and then changing the "bydns" to "byname" in the above router. This
works, but is not really an acceptable solution, as the IP address of
post keeps changing recently.[1]

I could use an "exim -R '*'" when dialling in, but this seems to
defeat the purpose of using "queue_smtp", which would be quite nice If
I could get it to work!

Thanks for any ideas/comments.
-Dom

[1] No fault of my own, even if I do work there. :-)