著者: Philip Hazel
To: L.McLoughlin
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Domain Hiding - 1.58 vs 0.52
On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Lee McLoughlin wrote:

> However this fails under 1.58. With the same configure file 1.58 thinks
> that all local mail should be delivered on the local host! I'm guessing
> it is applying the rewrite rules to the result of the alias lookup?

Ah yes, that change was made at some point, in fact with .forward files
in mind rather than alias files. Since these are generating entirely new
addresses, I thought it was a bug that they weren't being handled in the
same way as addresses from outside. I think I still feel that way.

Alias files might be a different case, I suppose, because they may be
used in different ways by different people.

> I've tried a variety of combinations and I can get pretty close but none
> do all that I need (BTW how do you turn off Envelope-To: given that the
> documented variable for doing it doesn't appear to work?)

Hmm. It works for me. Are you putting it in the right place? I added

envelope_to_add = false,

to the appendfile transport, and it stopped giving me Envelope_To
headers on local delivery.

I haven't had time to study your config files yet. I will do so this
morning and get back to you (without bothering the list) on what might
be done to get Exim to work the way you want. It may be some new options
are needed.