著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
題目: Exim just curled up and died...
One of our machines had exim quit on it last night - it was sent a HUP
when the log files were rolled, logged its startup OK, logged a few
messages subsequently that would have been sent by cron type jobs (ie
probably not touching the daemon as such),
but logged no queue runs and was refusing SMTP connections.

Since the machine was rebooted to "fix" this, I can't tell if the daemon
actually died or retreated into some form of autism.

Has anyone seen anything similar??

This was exim 0.57 on Linux.
[I'm going to upgrade a bit later....!]

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]