著者: Philip Hazel
To: Neal Becker
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: retry configuration
On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Neal Becker wrote:

> Sometime back we had discussed whether to change the meaning of the
> retry entries. Basically, I wanted to be able to put in
> entries which were not actually machine names, but were CNAMEs. Was
> anything decided on this? Anything changed?

Haven't thought about CNAMEs.

> A closely related question (and probably more what I'm interested in)
> is what happens if the domain of the retry configuration entry is not
> a machine name, but an MX. There was a proposal to change exim to
> first look for a machine address, but if that fails to look for an MX.

Yes indeed. That is on my list. It went on just before 0.57 was released
and was not done for 1.58 because I was only doing minimal changes.
Likewise, I'm holding off changes for a little while so that 1.58 can
settle (actually, the code seems settled - the only changes for 1.59
will be in the configuration files unless something turns up in the next
few days).

Once I start working on more development I will implement this
suggestion because it's something I want too. :-) So expect to see it in
1.60, ETA probably towards the end of January.