Re: Testimonials needed

Author: Kuyper Hoffman
To: John Henders
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Testimonials needed
> Quite a while ago a few people posted the size of their mail systems
> that exim was handling and their experience with exim compared to their
> previous mailer. Could people post again now there's more using exim?

well, our usage has gone up since then, we now consistently deliver
>= 40,000 messages a day (usually closer to 50,000)

> I'm trying to sell exim into our company as our main mailer and I need
> some numbers to back it up. Currently our new mail system is beta'ing
> running smail, and one sparc 20 is handling about 145000 messages a day.

Eek, we're about to be usurped! :-)

The stats I quoted were for our primary MX and outgoing SMTP server
(Sparc Ultra 2, 200MHz, 256MB RAM -- hardly ticking over :-)
In addition we have 2 Linux boxes that each receive around 10,000 a
day and a FreeBSD box that just handles a trickle.

The Ultra is also starting to run as a POP server....

The only load issues I've noticed have been when the number of
messages backlogged in the Q exceed 2,500 -- then the Exim Q runners
spend quite a few CPU secs deciding which messages are fit for a
retry. Otherwise, no problems....

Cheers
Kuyper
--
/          Kuyper Hoffman        / Vox:+27 (0) 21.689.6242  O/H GMT+0200   /
\    mailto:Kuyper@iAfrica.Com   \ Cel:+27 (0) 83.444.1024  24hr Cell      \