Testimonials needed

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Henders
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Testimonials needed

Quite a while ago a few people posted the size of their mail systems
that exim was handling and their experience with exim compared to their
previous mailer. Could people post again now there's more using exim?

I'm trying to sell exim into our company as our main mailer and I need
some numbers to back it up. Currently our new mail system is beta'ing
running smail, and one sparc 20 is handling about 145000 messages a day.
(pretty well all the mail on our west coast servers) without raising a
sweat. (first time I've ever seen 60+ meg smail logfiles, I thought it
wasn't supposed to handle loads very well.

The east coast people are really into zmail, but I've heard active
development on it has ceased, and even heard claims that sendmail v8 is
faster than zmail now. As I've seen at least one person on this list
state that exim helped clear up backlogs that were accumulating with
sendmail on their system, it would follow that exim is much faster than
zmail is now.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.