著者: John Henders
To: exim-users
題目: Re: Virtual domain
On Nov 14, liaison@??? (liaison) wrote:

> I am trying to setup a mail hub to handle virtual domains. My
> understanding is that I create MX records for the domain pointing to my
> mail hub. When the mail arrives at the hub a decision is made on how to
> route the mail to the destination. The routing to the local machines
> (assuming it is over SMTP) cannot use MX records as a mail loop would
> occur, so just the A records are looked up (bydns_a?).

It doesn't sound like the virtual domain driver is what you want here,
as these domains aren't really virtual, but do actually exist. There
might be a way to do what you want without it, but it seems to me what
you want to do is best suited to the bsmtp driver, where you can batch
up mail for the sites and then use one of the varions perl scripts
around to deliver the mail when a machine connects. I have a perl script
someone originally wrote to process smail's bsmtp I can contribute if we
want to start a contrib directory in the source tree.

>     c) whether exim -bt <address> will show me both the internal and
> external forms of the addresses that are re-written

Try exim -N -d9 for a more verbose look at what's happening.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.