著者: Alex Sharaz
To: exim-users
題目: Problem with local delivery
Hi,

I am running Exim 0.56 on a machine I use as an IMAP4 server. Basically it's a
very simple config, If mail arrives at that machine for userid@machine it gets
delivered locally. Anything else gets passed on to our main mail hub for
processing/delivery.

The problem that I have is that I'm having to run the exim daemon as root
whereas I'd rather run it as the user that services the IMAP4 message store.

The machine I'm running the s/w on uses our NIS database so although users
aren't allowed to log onto it, any NIS queries do get resolved. As a result of
this, if I set up exim to deliver as the IMAP4 user it always tries to cd into
my home directory even though I'm trying to pipe the mail message to an IMAP4
deliver program
So....

my local delivery transport looks like

local_delivery:
driver = pipe;
command = "/usr/local/simserver/sbin/cyrus-deliver ${lc:${local_part}}",
delivery_date_add,
return_output,
prefix="",
pipe_as_creator

Is there any way I can tell exim NOT to look at NIS prior to delivery but to
for a persons home directory etc?

alex

Rfc822:A.Sharaz@???
X.400:I=A;S=Sharaz:ou=Computer Centre;O=Hull;Prmd=UK.AC;C=GB
X.500:cn=Alexander Sharaz@ou=Computer Centre@o=University of Hull@c=GB
Sent using Simeon 4.0.9 over Win-OS2