著者: Brian Blackmore
To: exim-users
題目: Re: Minor problems...
John Henders <jhenders@???> wrote:
>On Nov 8, ph10@??? (Philip Hazel) wrote:

>> On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>>
>> > 1. 50% of our users have no home directories - they only have access for
>> >    pop.  OK, so we can fix up the forwardfile director to work (although
>> >    that needs some looking through docs - we have no NFS so that isn't
>> >    a problem for us).

>[snip]
>>
>> If you use the aliasfile director, then you can use its "directory"
>> option to specify the "home" directory. The manual says this is true for
>> the pipe transport, but in fact it is true for all local transports.
>> I'll fix the manual.
>>

>This is very useful for virtual domains as well, but I'm not clear on
>how I can take advantage of it. The virtual domain driver setup I
>have now, using the configuration shown below, I have a seperate alias
>database for each domain which is found via the file expansion. If an
>address in the aliases file is aliased to a file path on my system then
>the mail is delivered there. An example would be if the domain was
>foobar.com and the username was fred. An entry in the
>/etc/exim/foobar.com/aliases file for fred would be

>fred: /var/spool/vpop/foobar.com/mail/fred

>However, it would be much more useful if I could add a directory line to
>the virtual driver below that looked like this.

>directory = /var/spool/vpop/$domain/mail

I may be wrong, but what you are fundamentally doing here is routing
to a remote site using pop3 as a transport. So you should be able to
accomplish what you require by using a dedicated transport and the
domainlist router. IMHO you should only be using a director if you are
worried about the local_part of a name. ie

pop3_transport:
driver=appendfile;
user=mail,
file="/var/spool/vpop/${domain}/mail"

pop3_router:
transport=pop3_transport,
driver=domainlist;
route_file=/etc/exim/vpop/domains,
search_type=lsearch

However what would be useful as a director would be something that could
match the loopup capabilities of the domainlist router so I could for
example say...

mail2news_transport:
   driver=pipe;
   user=news,
   command="/usr/lib/news/bin/mail2news \
     ${lookup{$local_part}dbm{/etc/exim/mail2news}{$value}fail}\
     ${local_part}@${domain}"

mail2news_director:
transport=mail2news_transport,
domains=mail2news.looking-glass.org,
driver=lookup_file;
lookup={$local_part}dbm{/etc/exim/mail2news}

Presently I do this via a router which does not gracefully handle users
for which there is no newsgroup mapping.

--
Brian                                   http://www.wonderland.org/~eternal/