著者: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Minor problems...
On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> 1. 50% of our users have no home directories - they only have access for
>    pop.  OK, so we can fix up the forwardfile director to work (although
>    that needs some looking through docs - we have no NFS so that isn't
>    a problem for us).

You can also use the aliasfile director (with a transport set) for this
purpose.

>    What really caught up out was the local_delivery transport (appendfile,
>    stock options) refused to work.  It chdirs to the home directory during
>    delivery.  Inspection of the code in deliver.c shows that it chdirs
>    to a "home" defined by the transport or the director/router.  The
>    director had specified a home dir, the transport (generic or appendfile)
>    could not, and the delivery was deferred if the chdir fails...

If you use the aliasfile director, then you can use its "directory"
option to specify the "home" directory. The manual says this is true for
the pipe transport, but in fact it is true for all local transports.
I'll fix the manual.

>    For now we have created a few spare home dirs, but the ability to
>    specify the delivery home directory in the generic or appendfile
>    transports would be useful.

Suggestion noted.

> 2. Pipe transport options.
>    return_output gives the impression that it considers any output to be an
>    error.  Could there be a "return output if the status was non zero"
>    option, or am I missing something?

No, you are not missing anything. There's already an item on the wish
list about this. I'll get to it one day! (Current behaviour was because
I thought any output ought not to be thrown away.)

> 3. Make the version number YYYY.MM.DD of the date of issue.
>    That will confuse everyone!

... and .HH if I really make a shambles and have to issue two on one
day?