著者: Philip Hazel
To: Neal Becker
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: personal
On 25 Oct 1996, Neal Becker wrote:

> The reason I give this relatively less weight is that we are only
> using it to try to guess that mail was personal. Necessarily this
> will always be a guess. I'm willing to accept that it will guess wrong
> on those rare occasions when mail goes to users who both have the same
> local part. I suppose it's possible to imagine a senario where
> multiple users with the same local part interact heavily, but I
> suspect this is true with lower probability than the case where users
> within a single domain omit the domain in email.

I suppose that depends on the UAs they use. Here our UAs are configured
to include the domain at all times, so if the users omit it, the system
adds it for them.

> I suppose we need
> some way to customize it in any case.

If there is consensus for customizing it, I am prepared to put the idea
on the list. However, it worries me just a little bit to have
"personal" possibly meaning different things at different sites. A user
who moves between sites might get confuses. OK, so this may be rather
far-fetched.