Re: personal

Author: Neal Becker
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: personal
[...]
    Philip> (b) Quite apart from that, many local parts at different sites are
    Philip> identical. If you don't check the domain there is scope for confusion.
    Philip> Support I had an account called "philip" (I do on some systems). There
    Philip> must be many accounts called "philip" round the world. Just checking for
    Philip> "philip" in the To: field of a message is no guarantee that it is
    Philip> addressed to me.

The reason I give this relatively less weight is that we are only
using it to try to guess that mail was personal. Necessarily this
will always be a guess. I'm willing to accept that it will guess wrong
on those rare occasions when mail goes to users who both have the same
local part. I suppose it's possible to imagine a senario where
multiple users with the same local part interact heavily, but I
suspect this is true with lower probability than the case where users
within a single domain omit the domain in email. I suppose we need
some way to customize it in any case.