著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Neal Becker, exim-users
題目: Re: lots of connections
} In an environment when many connections time out, or are otherwise
} delayed, Exim's default strategy is not the best. In that situation it
} might be better to set the queue_smtp option so that remote deliveries
} are initially put on the queue. These will subsequently be picked up by
} a queue runner process, and all those for the same host will go down the
} same SMTP connection.

I am wondering about running a configuration which has a very short queue
reprocess interval, allow a good number of queue runners, and setting the
queue_smtp option. This should hopefully given reasonable latency - but
poor related to direct route and fire mailing - with a fair efficiency.
The downside is links to heavily loaded machines/links where I could
probably double the throughput by running 2 simultaneous smtp sessions,
but this strategy would restrict me to one... and if things come in for
that box faster than I can move them out then I have problems!

Anyone see other problems with this sort of config...

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]