Re: forwarded message from Alan McConnell

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Neal Becker
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: forwarded message from Alan McConnell
On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Neal Becker wrote:

> Any interest?

[snip]

>         My concept is a central data-base: containing entries like
>                 (ericy: make.money.com awful.stuff.com)
>                 (alan:  interramp.com awful.stuff.com)
> and the mail program -- perhaps sendmail, perhaps before -- would check
> this db and throw away mail that came from such sites, for each of the
> users.  It would be smart to have the users be able to control their own
> entry, but not, of course, others.

Currently Exim can do some of this using
sender_{host,net}_{accept,reject} and sender_reject. These are being
extended in 0.57 with variations that reject at RCPT TO time - which
seems to be a more certain way of shutting up a remote mailer.

In addition, there is in 0.57 a new option of running a system filter
file before any directing or routing is done. This allows you to throw
away a message based on any criteria that a filter can test.