Re: recipient address must contain a domain

Author: Greg A. Woods
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: recipient address must contain a domain
I should never use my own DNS as an example!

This message is more about DNS than anything else, but it's related to
mailers since they use DNS and the correct configuration of both is
important! ;-)

[ On Tue, October 22, 1996 at 11:31:21 (-0400), Greg A. Woods wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: recipient address must contain a domain
>
> I don't think I've ever seen anyone set an MX for their localhost.

Which, as I mentioned, was a lie.

I set that up for testing mailers where I wanted to run a mailer on one
of my local hosts that normally didn't handle its own mail.

> (BTW, don't look at my real zone just now -- it's a bit screwed up.)

how true! ;-) But you can look now -- I fixed it up! ;-)

> ------ from named.boot ------
> ; localhost stuff, almost as per RFC 1537...
> ;
> primary         weird.com                       p.weird
> primary         0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA            p.localhost.rev

With the newer versions of BIND it's not possible to have separate files
for the same zone, unless you use the "include" directive (and thus
still only have on e "primary" in the boot file. This is because these
newer versions ignore records outside of the zone for the file they are

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734            VE3TCP            robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>