Re: Running Esys Imap4 deliver program with exim mailer.

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: Alex Sharaz
CC: chest-ecsmail, exim-users
題目: Re: Running Esys Imap4 deliver program with exim mailer.

A.Sharaz@??? said:
} The mailer itself is owned by a user called cyrus and has the s bit
} set so that although it's fired up by root, it runs under the cyrus
} user... which is the same user the IMAP stuff runs under.

One crucial thing to watch - deliver is setuid cyrus, its also executable
only by a single group in the default install (root should be OK!) I get
round this by specifying a "user = cyrus" on the transport.

} Has anyone tried using exim in conjunction with IMAP4? I'm in the
} process of pulling down the cyrus source to have a look at the
} deliver process source, but I thought I'd just ask

I do use exim with cyrus, but I do some other things with it and so my
sources is not vanilla!

One thing to note is that there is a patch to the basic 1.4 functionality
that is available (well hidden) from the Cyrus pages.

This is my local transport. You can ignore the 3 -m flags and their
arguments - they are to enable basic mail filtering on user and domain
(and this is not correct syntax for the vanilla cyrus daemon).

local_delivery:
driver = pipe;
command = "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -m ${lc:${local_part}.${domain}} -m
${lc:${domain}} -m ${lc:${local_part}} ${lc:${local_part}}",
prefix = "",
user = cyrus,
return_output

If you have specific queries then come back to me... however I *do* run
the thing in a strange way!

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]