Running Esys Imap4 deliver program with exim mailer.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alex Sharaz
A: chest-ecsmail
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Running Esys Imap4 deliver program with exim mailer.
Hi all,

I've just compiled the exim mail system for use in conjunction with my Imap4
server.

The idea is that a dedicated machine will support a department(s) IMSP/IMAP
and SMTP forwarding/message delivery, the machine then being linked into
our general mail structure.

The exim mailer will accept incoming SMTP requests from either IMAP clients
or from our main mail hub. If they're from the client, then it'll either
forward the message to our central hub if it is for a domain not managed by
that particular "message store machine" , or it'll deliver it locally using
the IMAP4 deliver program ( in this case it's called cyrus-deliver) program.

O.K.that's the theory, the problem is that I can get the mail messge into the
mailer, but I get a error message of the form

<.....Various log fields> pipe transport process returned a non-zero status
(0x0100)

.. which is fine if you know what the status error messages are :-)

My exim config is very basic at the moment and has the following

Main config

trusted_users = cyrus
exim_user = cyrus
exim_group = mail

Transport config

local_delivery:
driver = pipe;
command = "/usr/local/simserver/sbin/cyrus-deliver ${lc:local_part}",
delivery_date_add,
ignore_status,
pipe_as_creator,
umask = 0077

The mailer itself is owned by a user called cyrus and has the s bit set so
that although it's fired up by root, it runs under the cyrus user... which is
the same user the IMAP stuff runs under.

Has anyone tried using exim in conjunction with IMAP4? I'm in the process of
pulling down the cyrus source to have a look at the deliver process source,
but I thought I'd just ask

alex

Rfc822:A.Sharaz@???
X.400:I=A;S=Sharaz:ou=Computer Centre;O=Hull;Prmd=UK.AC;C=GB
X.500:cn=Alexander Sharaz@ou=Computer Centre@o=University of Hull@c=GB
Sent using Simeon 4.0.9 over Win-OS2