Re: several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Neal Becker
Cc: exim-users
Temas antiguos: exim stuck
Asunto: Re: several messages
On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Neal Becker wrote:

> Here's what exim -bP shows:

Which version of Exim? Which OS?

I dimly recall having seen something like this before, and having fixed
some problem. No, I remember now, it was a user piping to a script that
ran for ever. Different problem.

> 22h 0vCqPm-0005q8-00 <72731.3417@???>
>     susie.fisanich@???

> Attaching to this process:
>
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x80838850 in _write ()
> #1  0x37ed0 in write_chunk (fd=warning: reading register r11: I/O error
> 0,
>     chunk=0x400104a8 'y' <repeats 12 times>, "\r\n", 'y' <repeats 186 times>..., len=592, from_hack=warning: reading register r12: I/O error
> 0, use_crlf=1, smtp_dots=1) at transport.c:241

> I see that the message is about 1MB of garbage. I don't know why the
> write() is hanging. Shouldn't it timeout?

Hmm. Presumably that is a write to local disc as the address is for a
local user? Or is it going to some remote machine? Oh, hang on, that
"\r\n" gives it away. It's remote, isn't it? Yes, then it should time
out. I wonder why it isn't?

I've just done a quick timeout test (on Solaris 2.5), and of course it works.