Re: ouch

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: tron
A: ph10
Cc: exim-users, proberts, r.black
Asunto: Re: ouch
>However, Ron is absolutely right in his view that one should aim for
>robustness within the "be conservative" principle.

I am glad to see some sanity on this topic.  If you look around, most
large software projects involve less-than-desirable workarounds for
problems that cannot be controled by the software project itself.
The HELO workaround is pretty simple compared to a lot of the things
that emacs has to do to work right on every system on the planet.
Richard Stallman could have demanded that all system software meet
published specifications, but that would have been a losing battle
and what would have resulted was a proliferation of uncontrolled
variations of the emacs source code.  That would not have been in
anybody's best interest.
--
    Ronald S. Karr
    tron |-<=>-|    tron@???