Re: SunOS5 load average

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: SunOS5 load average
On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, I wrote:

> Thanks to Chris Thompson, I have been made aware of a potential problem
> in SunOS5 (Solaris 2) concerned with load averages.

I'm pleased to report that, thanks to a pointer from Jon Peatfield, I
have discovered the "right" way to get load averages on Solaris 2. This
uses the kstat functions, does not require root privilege, and is very
fast. It is the way that the uptime command does it. I will use this
code in the next release of Exim. If anybody wants a copy, please let me
know.