Re: Load average

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: liaison
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Load average
Hi,

>It was suggested that I add the ability to limit incoming SMTP calls
>when the load average is high. I thought this would be easy. "What's the

[cut]

I haven't been following this thread so please let me know if this issue has
already been discussed...

One problem I have with the Sendmail model of load limiting is that should
the SMTP server start rejecting connections, my ECSMail clients (and others?)
fail when trying to send mail.

As I am in a "client <-> cluster <-> hub(s)" situation, what I really want to
happen when the load average goes over a certain limit is for the smtp server
to accept new mail from local clients (and queue it) but not accept mail from
the hubs - and perhaps not even attempt to deliver mail it has queued, until
the load is reduced.

Does this sound sensible?! How does this fit with Exim's proposed model?

Dave Haywood.
liaison@???