著者: Philip Hazel
To: Jawaid Bazyar, Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Restarting

On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> It would be nice if I could shove the pid file elsewhere without
> major fiddling (ie config options).

This option will be available in 0.57 as a build-time option. [*]
Consequently, an "exirestart" script as simple as the above will be no
longer possible. It seemed to me that people could hack up little
scripts like the above tailored to their own circumstances easily
enough.

There is also the problem of sites like Kuyper's, that run more than one
daemon. Hmm. Perhaps I should use different file names for non-standard
daemons, i.e. those without -bd or without -q? I may do that.

[*] I haven't made it a run time option because I also added a build time
option for where the log files are to go, and that one *has* to be
compile time only (so it knows where to write the panic log when it
can't read the runtime options!) The daemon's pid file could, however,
be a runtime option if there's a requirement for that.