Sendmail Vulnerabilities! haha!

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Nick Waterman
題目: Sendmail Vulnerabilities! haha!
Is it considered bad practice to gloat on the exim-users mailing-list?

> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 10:43:12 -0400
> From: CERT Advisory <cert-advisory@???>
> To: cert-advisory@???
> Subject: CERT Advisory CA-96.20 - Sendmail Vulnerabilities
>
> CERT(sm) Advisory CA-96.20
> Original issue date: September 18, 1996
> Topic: Sendmail Vulnerabilities

[blah]
> There are two vulnerabilities in all versions of sendmail up to and
> including sendmail 8.7.5. The first vulnerability is a resource starvation
> problem and the second is a buffer overflow problem.

Haha! More security holes in sendmail! Haha! I no longer care! Haha!
I've got exim everywhere instead of sendmail! Haha!

Now I remember why installing exim was such a jolly good idea. Cheers
Phillip! Remind me to buy you a drink if you're ever in the
Egham/Staines area.

Nick Waterman, Network Manager, Cimio Ltd.              nick@???
http://www.cimio.co.uk/~nick/   Team AMIGA!   #include <stddisclaimer.h>
              Your computer is dead, and it was so alive.
                You shouldn't have installed... Win'95.