Patches for compile problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Asunto: Patches for compile problems
I have put two small patches for Exim 0.56 in

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-0.56.patches

You only need them if you are seeing compile-time problems. The first
fixes the compiler problems with __P when compiling with USE_DB defined
on some systems. It has been tested on one system that had the problem,
so I hope it works for all.

The second patch prevents the AIX cc compiler from muttering about the
variable transport_sigalrm_seen, which I had declared as volatile in
globals.h but not in globals.c. AFAIK, no other compiler minds (gcc
doesn't).

I hope (not) you have all had as fun-filled a Friday 13th as I have. An
ex-student now at some other site had installed a .forward file to a
pipe that went into a loop copying error delivery reports to a list of
people that included an address that sent back error delivery reports.
One of the valid addresses was on one of our systems...

I was happy to have Exim's sender_reject option to wheel into action on
all our MX hosts before killing around 1000 messages, using the
command-line interface via a script. Imagine having to do that on a mailer
that had only a GUI?