著者: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
題目: perl location
Just checked out the references to perl in exim. There are three:

. The exinext utility calls perl as one of its commands. It just calls
it as "perl", assuming you'll have it on your path.

. The exigrep utility starts off "#! /bin/perl". This is the one that
caused the problem.

. The eximstats utility also starts off "#! /bin/perl".

I said I would make it configurable. I thought that would be trivial,
but forgot that exigrep and eximstats are in the util directory, and as
such are scripts that do not get "built" at all (unlike exinext and
others that get munged with Exim configuration stuff).

I don't think it is worth cranking up a huge configuration apparatus
just to sort out this one thing. Therefore, I propose instead to change
to what most people seem to think is "standard", viz. /usr/bin/perl.

Views?