Re: Load average based SMTP control -- Max Conns for inetd u…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Piete Brooks
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Load average based SMTP control
Asunto: Re: Load average based SMTP control -- Max Conns for inetd users.
talking of which ......

We use inetd to start smtp listeners, so (I believe) exim's "max conns"
facilities are not available.
After an ATM problem which generated a large number of exim processes
which were wedged in the kernel (kill -9 failed), it was suggested that I
limit the number of incoming connections.
After discussion with ph10, I decided not to wait for it to get into exim,

The minimal one (just restrict to N coons) is a 20 line perl script,
but I am using a sexy one which records the caller info as well,
instances of calls being rejected, and tailoring based on calling host
(e.g. I allow 20 calls from within the dept [our MUA doesn't cope well if
mail isn't accepted] and 5 from outside
)

Anyone else interested ?