Re: retry

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Neal Becker
A: Piete Brooks
Cc: Philip Hazel, David Blacka, exim-users
Asunto: Re: retry

    Piete> Trying alternative MX RRs is not what he asked about -- it was specifically
    Piete> when having received "connection refused" that was the concern ...

Yes, that's correct.

Anyway, I found out why I wasn't sure it was working. Look at this:

%nslookup -type=any ccmail.comsat.com
Name Server: ro.ctd.comsat.com
Address: 134.133.40.45

ccmail.comsat.com       preference = 20, mail exchanger = ccmail.cmc.comsat.com
ccmail.comsat.com       preference = 10, mail exchanger = misnt1.cws.comsat.com
misnt1.cws.comsat.com   internet address = 134.133.176.130

So there's 2 MX records. But look at this:

% nslookup ccmail.cmc
Name Server: ro.ctd.comsat.com
Address: 134.133.40.45

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    misnt1.cws.comsat.com
Address:  134.133.176.130
Aliases:  ccmail.cmc.comsat.com

So the second MX is really to the same address as the first!
Obviously this is broken. Apparantly exim treats this as if there was
really only a single MX record, which is fine, although it seems to
suggest code robustness above and beyond the call of duty.