Re: Protecting against other peoples broken mailers

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: m.hampson
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Protecting against other peoples broken mailers

>Last week a US site sent one of our customers a mail message. This
>was not your common or garden message - it was 18MB in size!!!
>The US site's gateway mailer obviously has a couple of problems... it
>looked very much as though it had a timeout on the data part of the
>SMTP transaction, and typically 10MB got through and then the session
>was wrapped up and it tried again - immediately!!!

We limit message size to 4 Mbytes. Although its an arbitary figure, its
probably best to use ftp for files bigger that this.

Martyn
   | Martyn Hampson          |    Tel:    0171 594 6973                 |
   | Imperial College        |    Fax:    0171 594 6958                 |
   | Computer Centre         |    E-Mail: M.Hampson@???            |
   | London SW7 2BP, ENGLAND |    "Don't just do something, sit there!" |