Re: Message deferment query

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Kuyper Hoffman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Message deferment query
On Sat, 24 Aug 1996, Kuyper Hoffman wrote:

> but rather fire them seperately
>    exim -bd
>    exim -q10m

> Having said that, since restarting exim on the FreeBSD box as a single
> daemon:
>    exim -bd -q5m
> (5 so that #I see results quicker :-) I thnk the Q runners are now
> going again properly.... Yup they are.  Can this have anything to do
> with the fact that a single file contains the exim PID? and that
> running 2 procs results in the file containing only the PID of the
> last run daemon?

I can't see how it can, but I've made a note to look at the code
carefully to see if I can see any problems in this area.

> We have several sites on dialup LANs that only connect a few timees
> a day....We have a special arrangement for those, we ping every 5
> minutes until we reach their SMTP server, and then do an
>    exim -R dom.ain

> to force delivery for them. However, I'm not sure if -R overrides
> retry or defer times....

It overrides for the first message it hits. The assumption is that any
other messages that are queued for the same host will then get squirted
down the same TCP/IP connection if the delivery succeeds.