Problems understanding exim configuration...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tim Cutts
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: PANIC: any Linux users out there using NFS locking ???
Asunto: Problems understanding exim configuration...
I am having some difficulties with local delivery configuration in exim 0.55.

There are two separate problems:

1) One user's mailbox is a symlink to a file in his home directory. I
added allow_symlink, as follows:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile;
allow_symlink = true
group = mail
mode = 0660
file = /var/mail/${local_part}

However, all messages to this user are still getting frozen with:

mailbox /var/mail/mblc has wrong uid or gid (symlink)

Now, this file has the correct permissions, as far as I can see:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          26 Mar 11 18:38 /var/mail/mblc ->
/cys/people/mblc/MAIL.mblc

-rw-rw----    1 mblc     mail        1760 Aug 16 16:23
/cys/people/mblc/MAIL.mblc

What am I missing?

2) The second problem is a related one, involving file permissions on a
local delivery also. In this case, one of the system's aliases directs a
copy to a file:

scop-site: :include:/cys/people/scop/scop-site

And the file includes a delivery to a mailbox file:

/cys/people/scop/scop-site.mail

Which has permissions as follows:

-rw-rw----    1 scop     mail       12948 Aug  5 16:24
/cys/people/scop/scop-site.mail

I get log entries like:

Neither the system_aliases director nor the address_file transport set a
uid for local delivery of /cys/people/scop/scop-site.mail

The address_file transport was set as:

address_file:
driver = appendfile;
group = mail

and the system_aliases was the default one that came with exim:

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile;
file = /etc/aliases,
search_type = lsearch

I tried setting user in address_file to exim, but then just got:

address_file transport deferred: mailbox /cys/people/scop/scop-site.mail has
wrong uid or gid

Which isn't really any better.

How do you get deliveries of this kind to occur properly? Surely since
the program as exim.mail has sufficient rights to write to this file it
should be allowed to do so? Why does it insist on a uid match as well,
which is not easy to obtain?

Or have I missed something glaringly obvious here as well.

Thanks for any advice.

Tim.