Re: SunOS4.1.4 panic

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lee McLoughlin
A: Piete Brooks
Cc: m.hampson, exim-users, Graham.Titmus
Asunto: Re: SunOS4.1.4 panic
Piete Brooks wrote:

> > Sun Patch: 102516-04
>
> Are you saying that that is the cause, or the fix ?
> [[ Remind me how to get and apply Sun fixes -- not done any for ages ]]

Its a fix....

I don't know the official way to get the patch. I just happened to have
a copy
of it because of some SunSITE related stuff I was doing. I can probably
email it
to you?

It contains instructions on how to apply it.

> A couple of weeks ago, one of our machines refused to boot.
> Using binary chop, I isolated it as exim, and removed the execute bit.
> A couple of weeks later, we got round to investigating it, and the "fix" was
> to move to "another" kernel.
>
> Just now, the bloke across the corridor said that his Sun had just crashed.
> Same problem !
>
> Sounds like those d*mned machines are reading my email, and discovering that
> they should crash ! :-((

Hmmmmm...... Perhaps you should be kinder to them!

--
Lee McLoughlin.                         Phone: +44 171 594 8388
IC-Parc, Imperial College,              Fax:   +44 171 594 8449