Re: Enhancements

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: james
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Enhancements
On Tue, 2 Jul 1996 james@??? wrote:

> Could the following be added:
>
> -  an option to stat the users mailbox instead of lstat to allow
>    symbolic links, possibly in the appendfile transports section.

Suggestion added to the list. I suppose this isn't a security risk if
you are delivering into user's home directories, or some other
non-sticky directory, or if you ensure that the symbolic links always
exist for all users.

> -  an option that prevents checking that the users home directory exists,
>    so that mail is not deferred if the user does not have a home
>    directory.

I assume you are referring to the checking for .forward files? You can
do this already, I think, by using a configuration such as

userforward:
driver = forwardfile;
file = /home/${local_part}/.forward

In other words, supply an absolute path name for the forward file. Oh,
no, damn. It doesn't quite work. I think this is a bug; if you aren't
using the directory to construct the file name, it shouldn't try to stat
it. I will fix the code so that the above configuration will do what you
want. Let me know if you need the fix urgently, and I'll send you a
patch, as I'm not expecting to put out a new release for a while.