Exim 0.52

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Asunto: Exim 0.52
Sorry, folks, it's turned into a 2-release week.

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-0.52.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-patch-0.51-0.52.gz

are now available. You only need to worry about this release if any of
the following strike you as important:

1. The code I was using to find the maximum number of file descriptors
didn't work on FreeBSD or NetBSD. It has been replaced.

2. I was suffering from a delusion that close() implied fsync() -- my
ignorance of Unix is showing -- some explicit fsync() calls are now
included to improve integrity.

3. I hadn't realized that some OS don't provide bi-directional pipes --
Unix ignorance again -- and in one case had written and read from the
"wrong" file descriptors.

4. NIS lookups from the aliasfile director were not working.

There are a few other minor tidies as well. I have taken the opportunity
to remove the PostScript documentation from the main distribution. It is
now available separately from

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-postscript-0.52.tar.gz

but in fact its contents have not changed. I have also regularized the
name of the still-experimental Texinfo version of the manual:

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-texinfo-0.52.gz

Have a good weekend!

Philip