著者: Piete Brooks
To: D. J. Bernstein
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: qmail corrections
> Now, I suppose you'd all like to hear about exim, not qmail, so I have a
> quick question: What protection does exim have against system crashes?

Can you help us answer that question by indicating the sort of steps you mean,
by explaining what qmail does ?

> It seems to me, from a quick glance through the code, that messages can
> be lost, misdirected, or corrupted. If so, exim is completely unsuitable
> for production use; anyone who deploys it on the Internet is violating
> RFC 1123, section 5.3.3, and violating the trust that users have in the
> mail system. Will this be fixed before exim is released?

It seems to me that someone has rattled your chain !

In general I've found that most "freely available" packages benefit from a
free exchange of ideas between implementations, rather than point scoring.
Sure, everyone want's their own baby to grow up to dominate the world,
but let's not allow that to interfere with the improvments of both systems.
I'm sure we aren't going to persuade you to run exim, nor you persuade me to
run qmail, so let's try to help each other !

SO: if you've found some bugs, please let us know so that we can fix them.
    If you suspect there may be some missing features, even if it's just a
    possibility, letting us know would help.