著者: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
題目: Exim 0.51
Right. Here is my second attempt at a version of Exim that is going to
be the first Beta.

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-0.51.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-patch-0.50-0.51.gz

The changes are all bug fixes to 0.50, but one of them has resulted in a
change of specification. Therefore I have updated the documentation,
causing the patch file to be pretty big.

This big change is in the way pipe delivery works. The previous approach
of running the command under /bin/sh was too insecure. Exim now splits
the command up into arguments by itself, and runs the command directly.
In cases when string expansion is being done (e.g. from a filter file)
this is done *after* the splitting up into arguments.

Another change to be aware of concerns the Exim monitor. The code for
displaying the percentage fullness of a disc partition in a stripchart
was carefully placed inside an #ifdef, because not all OS have the
statvfs() function. However, no configuration actually enabled this
code. It should now work for all OS except Ultrix - some OS have
statvfs() and some have statfs() and the required #include files differ.
I hope I have got all the config files correct. Ultrix is so very
different (different names for the structure's elements, returns 1 for
success instead of 0) that I have just left it out (until someone
complains :-)