Re: Linux file locking problems - a new variation on the old…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: John Henders, exim-users
題目: Re: Linux file locking problems - a new variation on the old problem
On Mon, 20 May 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> The *right* thing to do is to use fnctl - flock just doesn't cut it

Oh good.

> I would suggest that john's patch is made highly conditional if it is
> included at all - ie you need to ask for it. Personally I only have
> Berkeley db on my system (no gdbm) and several other people will be
> in the same position, and that has no need to fudge locking.

I was waiting for advice from the list before doing anything. I'm now
inclined to do nothing, other than be aware of the problem.

Incidentally, mail to John isn't getting through at the moment. There is
some problem on the way to bogon.com and it's all bouncing (Exim isn't
mentioned in any of the "Received" headers, so it doesn't seem to be
guilty :-) so he won't be seeing these comments just at the moment.