著者: Ilya Ketris
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Bouncing vs. freezing
On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, Ilya Ketris wrote:
>
> >    I found that if someone sends to user@???, the only
> >    default router fails, and the message gets frozen for the
> >    reasons unclear to me.

> Without further details, I can't really comment on why this occurred.

    I got:

    Solaris 2.5
    exim-0.42

    Routers section in the config file:
#############################
lookuphost:
  driver = lookuphost,
  transport = smtp;

end
#############################

root@slip-3:> /usr/lib/sendmail -q -d4

Single queue run
LOG: MAIN
Start queue run: pid=5358
delivering message 0uAW9I-00045d-00
lookuphost router called for bboy2@???: dns lookup: route_domain =
slip
.net.com
lookuphost router failed
LOG: MAIN
** bboy2@??? <bboy2@???>: unknown mail domain
LOG: MAIN
Frozen

    It just gets frozen and sits in the queue forever.
    But, if I enter the same address from the command line:

root@slip-3:~> /usr/lib/sendmail -d4 bboy2@???

    it properly bounces back.

> This should normally happen. There must be something special about the
> message that causes it to get frozen, or there is some error occurring
> in the router. What were the contents of the message log file (in
> spool/msglog) and the main log file?

    msglog reads:

1996-04-19 23:28:01 bboy2@??? <bboy2@???>: routing failed:
unk
nown mail domain
*** Frozen ***

    (many time, since I was had to thaw the queue)

    mainlog reads:

1996-04-26 12:34:47 0uAW9I-00045d-00 ** bboy2@???