Re: several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Neal Becker, Piete Brooks, exim-users
Asunto: Re: several messages
} On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Neal Becker wrote:
}
} > How can I turn off rfc1413 ident? I'm wondering if this may be the
} > cause of some complaints I'm seeing about timeouts before the banner
} > comes up when accepting smtp incoming connections.

The implementation I did for smail actually did the ident lookup
*after* sending the banner since this seemed to me to have fewer
problems with hitting timeouts....

} > This seems to do the trick. Setting rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s seems
} > to be stopping rfc1413.

If the query timeout is zero then that should prevent the lookup ever
being done (actually the smail implementation was that 0 gave an
infinite timeout, and -1 disabled it).