著者: James R Grinter
To: Philip Hazel, Neal.Becker
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: commas
On Mon 22 Apr, 1996, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Apr 1996 Neal.Becker@??? wrote:
>> exim a, b, c
>>
>> This doesn't work, of course. But
>>
>> Is this common usage? Should exim strip a trailing comma?
>
>Seems like a nasty fudge to me. Such fudges always seem to cause trouble
>later.

this is actually the problem I mentioned to you privately.

casually mentioning it to someone here did, as ever, get the indication
of where to look. From mush's config file:

/* If your mailer does not understand commas between addresses, you should
 * define NO_COMMAS.  This includes pre-3.0 smail and default MTAs used on
 * xenix, and sys-v systems.
 * This does NOT apply to MMDF or sendmail, in most cases.  SunOS 4.1 as
 * shipped needs this, but note that if you are allowing mush to default
 * to SUN_4_1 (see the end of this file) you won't get this.
 */
#ifdef SUN_4_1          /* SunOS 4.1 has warped sendmail.cf */
#define NO_COMMAS /**/
#endif /* SUN_4_1 */

-- jrg.